httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Frisch <fraxi...@opendreambox.org>
Subject [users@httpd] cgi-bin disconnecting upload
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 14:13:56 GMT
Hi, I have a peer that does an HTTP PUT using curl to my apache 2.2.25
running a cgi written in c.
Under certain conditions, the cgi-bin terminates with an HTTP error
status, like 400. This will keep a file from being uploaded as expected.
However, when the content-length of the upload is unspecified, the
uploading peer doesn't receive this error status until it's actually done
transmitting the entire upload.
This is a problem when PUTting a continuous stream because the peer
will never notice that the server actually denied receiving the stream.
Is there a way to forcefully disconnect the client from within the cgi-bin or
keep apache from sending the 100 - continue statement right away?
Maybe somebody has another idea of how to work around this.
There's a minimal example for testing this scenario in the attachment.

Thanks for your help!
--Fraxinas