httpd-users mailing list archives

From trifo <trif...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] building a web farm
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 19:51:05 GMT
Thanks Tom,

Balancing is solved well in this case, as we run on enterprise hardware
load balancers. They do a lot of work.
For the node grouping I think there are too few nodes to give up the half
of them for most of the time. Sadly the highest change rates occur during
the highest usage times.

But ok, you say that we should run on a high number of relative small nodes
and updating half of them while serving from the rest. But. Increasing the
number of nodes even increases the amount of data to push through the
network, whose bandwidth is limited and the time is limited as well.

--Trifo

≈( Telefonról küldve )≈