httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE: Apache 2.2.26 > mod_headers > Header onsuccess unset Age > not working
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 21:30:16 GMT
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Geoff Millikan <gmillikan@t1shopper.com> wrote:
> I think I found it but anyone want to confirm Apache doesn't unset the "Age" header when
mod_cache is used because the HTTP 1.1 spec
> requires it, "An HTTP/1.1 server that includes a cache MUST include an Age header field
in every response generated from its own
> cache."

No, It doesn't unset the header because mod_headers only runs at the
point where the original headers were sent.  Most of the server
processing is skipped when it's served from the cache, with the
exception of connection-level stuff and mod_cache's own processing.