httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Where is source for Windows? (was Re: Binary windows 2.4.x distribution)
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 13:53:39 GMT
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM, STF <lapsap7@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, thank you, even though I'm not sure where Apache lounge was
> *aforementionned* in this thread.

mentioned before my post, though not before yours ;)

>   But from the "about" of its web site, it's stated that "ApacheLounge.com
> is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the Apache Software Foundation."
> Hope someone has audited its compiled binaries to make sure it's clean and
> doesn't contain suspicious or unwanted code.

FWIW, nobody ever audited the binaries that were available from
httpd.apache.org, and there was never a vote on their release based on
analysis and testing by multiple trusted parties ("Project Management
Committee members").  Policy-wise, the only "official" releases are source
releases.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/