httpd-users mailing list archives

From Denny Fuchs <linuxm...@4lin.net>
Subject [users@httpd] ldap_userdir => client denied by server configuration
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 14:50:45 GMT
hi,

I use Debian Wheezy with standard Apache2 and ldap_userdir module. It was in the morning working,
but I think, after installing PHP5 (with Apache mpm Prefork) the userhomes doesn't work anymore.
I get only:

client denied by server configuration: <different path>

Our home are on several disks, for example:

/export/files/disc01/users1/<userid>
/export/files/disc02/users1/<userid>
[...]

the path is called correct, for example:

/export/files/disc02/users1/foobar/.public_html

so, the ldap_user_dir work mostly.  But what I have missing?

:/etc/apache2/mods-enabled# cat ldap_userdir.conf
<IfModule mod_ldap_userdir.c>
LDAPUserDirServer       ldap
LDAPUserDirSearchScope  subtree
LDAPUserDirBaseDN       ou=people,ou=foo,dc=domain
LDAPUserDir             .public_html
</IfModule>

dpkg -l  |grep apache
ii  apache2                            2.2.22-13                     amd64        Apache HTTP
Server metapackage
ii  apache2-mpm-prefork                2.2.22-13                     amd64        Apache HTTP
Server - traditional non-threaded model
ii  apache2-utils                      2.2.22-13                     amd64        utility
programs for webservers
ii  apache2.2-bin                      2.2.22-13                     amd64        Apache HTTP
Server common binary files
ii  apache2.2-common                   2.2.22-13                     amd64        Apache HTTP
Server common files
ii  libapache2-mod-ldap-userdir        1.1.19-1                      amd64        Apache module
that provides UserDir lookups via LDAP
ii  libapache2-mod-php5                5.4.4-14+deb7u5               amd64        server-side,
HTML-embedded scripting language (Apache 2 module)

any suggestions?

cu denny