httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stormy <storm...@stormy.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Apache server on Ubuntu 13.10
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 21:41:41 GMT
At 10:46 AM 11/6/2013 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>On 2013-11-04 07:13:56 -0800, Make Myday wrote:
> > (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to
> address [::]:80
> > (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to
> address 0.0.0.0:80
> > no listening sockets available, shutting down
> > AH00015: Unable to open logs
> > Action 'start' failed.
> > The Apache error log may have more information.
>
>Same problem, until I noticed that a tntnet web server was installed
>during the upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10!!!

Perhaps going a little off-topic (although tntnet apparently does disable
apache2), could you please be more specific?

Upgrading *from* what version? Server or desktop? As far as I can tell,
tntnet is either a very specific addition during install/upgrade, or can be
added with the app "Freemind" in a desktop environment. I can find no
mention of it being included in any server package (after a quick look at
13.10, but we only use the LTS in production.)

># apt-get remove --purge tntnet tntnet-runtime libtntnet11
>solved the problem, so that I can now start apache2.

Best - Paul