httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAP...@PARTNERS.ORG>
Subject [users@httpd] Disabling Web Directories Listing in Apache
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:08:14 GMT
Hello --

I am going through the motions of securing our Apache webserver. The server is the 2.2.15
package bundled with the CentOS 6.3 distribution.
One of the items that is being dealt with is the web directories listing vulnerability. My
plan is to modify the following line in the httpd.conf file:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

to read as follows:

Options FollowSymLinks

Is this the correct course of action, or is there another line that should be modified either
in addition to or instead of the aforementioned line?

Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.