httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yaron Dayagi <YDay...@trustwave.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Updating directory content
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 06:51:49 GMT
Hello,
My Apache server is used for downloading files via HTTP (Linux).
I have a directory tree containing all the files.
The files are updates from time to time by a different process.
I am worried that Apache Web server will read from the file while the other process is writing
to the file.
What is the best method for synchronizing the two processes? Is there a built in mechanism
in Apache?
A few options I thought of:
                Symbolic links for rotating between current file and updated file
                Aliases in Apache configuration files for rotating between current file and
updated file. Use reload for telling Apache to refer to updated file. However, I do not know
if the reload waits for all threads to read new configuration.
Would appreciate any consult.
Yaron.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein
(including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format.