httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Daviel <ad...@triumf.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache not recording client addresses correctly
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 00:16:51 GMT
On Tue, 1 Oct 2013, Pete Houston wrote:

> This reverse resolution will almost certainly be because you are
> restricting access to that location (/server-status) by name rather than
> by IP address (perhaps inadvertently).

I have
     Deny from all
     Allow from .triumf.ca
     Allow from 142.90.n.m
so maybe. It's no problem, it's just confusing me.

> It doesn't explain what you are seeing for other locations,
> unfortunately. Are you using any third-party modules?

php-4.3.9
mod_auth_mysql-2.6.1
mod_auth_pgsql-2.0.1
mod_authz_ldap-0.26-2
mod_fastcgi
mod_perl-1.99
mod_python-3.1.3
mod_speedycgi
mod_ssl-2.0.63

so most from Centos except the CGI ones. There's multiple people been
managing this; it's quite old. I still find it bizarre that a module could
defeat ip logging since clearly the server must know the ip to return the
packets to the client.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada