httpd-users mailing list archives

From trifo <trif...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] building a web farm
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:54:14 GMT
Hi Folks,

I am running a web site using Apache httpd on several server nodes to
provide high availability and performance. At present, the web content
resides on a clustered filesystem (GPFS) to ensure that all the nodes serve
the same content in any moment.

Well, GPFS is quite an expensive product, thus the management tries to get
rid of it. Now my question is this: how to build a high performance
environement without a clustered filesystem? Where to store the html files,
and how to ensure the consistency between nodes?

(we have mostly static html pages, but over 400k of them. And there is a
part which changes regularly)

Can you give me some good practices?

--Trifo