httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Another mod_proxy Question/Issue
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:04:16 GMT
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Chris Arnold
<carnold@electrichendrix.com>wrote:

>  The trailing slash is important.
>>
> ProxyPass / https://192.168.123.3:8443/share
>
> >This is telling Apache to strip off the slash when it does the proxy.
> This is probably not what you want to do.
>
> I removed the trailing slash

I meant that you need the trailing slash...

>  >What URL are you using to access this vhost?
> >If you want to access https://example.com/share/ and have that hit the
> proxy, you would need to make the proxy config
>
>> ProxyPass /share/ https://192.168.123.3:8443/share/
>

> https://share.example.com which will end up being
> https://share.example.com/share

Exactly! Your config should be
ProxyPass /share/ https://192.168.123.3:8443/share/

This means that the path /share/ will be redirected to the same path on the
inner server.
The parallel
ProxyPass / https://192.168.123.3:8443/
would give you the same effect, but also try to proxy any other paths that
are used on that vhost which is probably not what you want to do.

- Y