httpd-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Curchod <timof...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Permission Still Denied with Moodle
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 00:48:38 GMT
Hi again.
Stormy, I don't know if it's set to use DHCP.  I believe so, but I will check when I can this
evening.  How would that affect my situation?  Tomcat is running fine behind the router on
a different box...  And the 'strange behavior' was because I had set the wrong ip during moodle
installation.  I fixed that, but still, localhost and the ip are denied with the details listed
below.

Eric, I don't know what ITK MPM
is.  I don't use it intentionally at least.  It says "(Multi-Processing
Module) for the Apache web server. mpm-itk allows you to run each of
your vhost under a separate uid and gid".  When I installed php, I also
added these modules, when really I only needed mysql, as far as I know
for moodle.  After seeing all those magickwand statements in the strace,
 I'm thinking I should uninstall that if it's not needed.  Here was the
list:
yum install php-mysqlnd php-gd php-imap
php-ldap php-odbc php-pear php-xml php-xmlrpc php-magickwand
php-mbstring php-mcrypt php-mssql php-shout php-snmp php-soap php-tidy
In
 your second email, I assume you’re talking about the
/etc/httpd/logs/error_log message "access to /moodle/ denied (filesystem
 path '/var/www/html/moodle') because search permissions are missing on a
 component of the path" message?  That was in the Apache error log.
 Here is exactly what I did:
# service httpd stop# strace -f -o /tmp/strace.out apachectl -XGo to localhost/moodle.See
 the “Incorrect access detected, this server may be accessed only
through "http://*.*.*.50:80/moodle" address, sorry.  Please notify
server administrator.  This page should automatically redirect. If
nothing is happening please use the continue link below.”Get redirected to that address.
 See the Chrome “Oops “message.Here is the httpd is the end of the /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
http://pastebin.com/0HuwTVRE

Here is the /tmp/strace.out file with all the mentions of "moodle" pasted (there was no "EACCES"
string this time).
http://pastebin.com/3F9nhyTG