httpd-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Curchod <timof...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Permission Still Denied with Moodle
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:18:32 GMT
Hi again Yehuda,
Where is the iptables firewall configuration?  Oh, that's no longer the default firewall in
Fedora.  Let me introduce you to FirewallD:#firewall-cmd --staterunning#firewall-cmd get-default-zonepublic#systemctl
stop firewalld.service Webservice on port 80 restored.  Success.  Now all ip addresses are
accessible!The two boxes here, one running Fedora 10, and this one running Fedora 19 can't
be more different.  The desktop, Gnome, screensavers, etc, and now the firewall are completely
different.  Thankfully the terminal and gedit are still the same.Yehuda, Eric, Stormy, and
anyone who read my e-mails, thanks for the help.Now it's time to read the huge document at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD to figure out how to work this thing.
Timothy.
From: yehuda@ymkatz.net
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:00:43 -0400
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Permission Still Denied with Moodle

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Timothy Curchod <timofeyc@hotmail.com> wrote:

The bad news is that in the error log there is nothing when going to http://192.186.1.100/info.php
or http://*my*.*ip*.*goes*.*here*/info.php.  Localhost works fine.

  So if there is no error in the httpd error_log, then I am on the wrong mailing list now,
right?  It's not an Apache problem, it's a network setup/hardware issue.

To recap, the problem now is that requests through localhost work properly and other requests
time out. Is that correct?
To me this really indicates that either Apache is not listening on other IPs (which we went
through already) or (not sure why I did not mention this sooner) you might have a firewall
in the way. Can you check if you have a firewall (like iptables) running on the system?