httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shawn Cannon <sh...@shawncannon.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Questions
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:03:08 GMT
Yes it is getting there.  I do not know how long it would take.  my test box only has one machine
using Windows RT connecting via ActiveSync through the reverse proxy.  It is working despite
seeing the error.  When I tried this in production we had multiple complaints from phone users
and I saw these errors so I thought something must have changed from 2.2 to 2.4.

Shawn Cannon

IT ProfessionalEMC Elect 2013 | Dell TechCenter Rockstar 2013 | VMware vExpert 2013

From: yehuda@ymkatz.net
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:57:33 -0400
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Questions

There is a timeout, but I don't think it has changed in this version: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.htmlHow
long do you expect the response to take?

Do you know if the request is getting to the Exchange server?
- Y

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Shawn Cannon <shawn@shawncannon.com> wrote:

We have been using Apache 2.2.x with reverse proxy modules for our clients to access their
OWA servers for over a year. I want to get us to Apache 2.4.x so I setup a test box with latest
2.4 on it. I fixed the config file issues since 2.4 has changes in it. OWA proxy is working
on my test server with Apache 2.4. But with 2.4 I do have an issue I cannot figure out. Note
that this does NOT occur with Apache 2.2. I get the following errors when using ActiveSync
through reverse proxy:

[Thu Oct 17 12:19:11.670665 2013] [proxy_http:error] [pid 748:tid 8440] (OS 10060)A connection
attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time,
or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. : [client x.x.x.x:20311]
AH01102: error reading status line from remote server mail.nameredacted.net:443

[Thu Oct 17 12:19:11.670665 2013] [proxy:error] [pid 748:tid 8440] [client x.x.x.x:20311]
AH00898: Error reading from remote server returned by /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

So somehow with Apache 2.4 there is some sort of timeout that was not there with 2.2. Any
ideas?