httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Willis <dwil...@integratedsecure.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem rendering pages via SSL over Internet
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 17:32:40 GMT
Hi,
I've been searching though the archive and I haven't been able to find a posting that talks
about exactly the problem we're having, so I hope folks will be patient if I'm duplicating
some questions here.

I'm running a test system which hosts several applications, one of which is required to use
an SSL connection.  I created a virtual host for this purpose, which can field requests from
either our internal network or the Internet (the test system replicates our production DMZ).
 However, while the internal connection works fine, trying to connect over SSL from the Internet
only generates a 404 error (although it is connecting via SSL, the page I'm requesting comes
back as unavailable).

Here's the configuration I'm using (this is on Apache 2.2.25, running on Windows Server 2003
R2):

Listen 443
NameVirtualHost *:443

<VirtualHost *:443>
                ServerName server.com
                DocumentRoot "E:/sites"
                ErrorLog "C:\Apache2.2\logs\ssl.log"
                SSLEngine on
                SSLCertificateFile "C:/Apache2.2/conf/crt/mycert.crt"
                SSLCertificateKeyFile "C:/Apache2.2/conf/crt/mykey.key"
                <Location /Portal>
                                RewriteEngine On
                                RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
                                RewriteRule ^/?(.*) https://{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R,L]
                                SetHandler weblogic-handler
                                WebLogicHost wl_server_ip
                                WebLogicPort 7102
                                Debug On
                                WLLogFile "C:\Apache2.2\logs\wl-module.log"
                                DebugConfigInfo On
                                ErrorPage /Error/wl_bridge_failure.htm
                </Location>
</VirtualHost>

(IPs and server names are changed for obvious reasons).  Does anyone have any idea why I'm
unable to reach our page from the outside?  I'm not even sure it's an Apache issue, but I've
verified that port 443 is open on the machine, and Apache is the only application listening
on that port.  Thanks!

Dave Willis