httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jan Vávra <va...@602.cz>
Subject [users@httpd] reverse proxy, balancing and ssl client certificate authentication
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:52:51 GMT
Hello,
  I have an idea how to setup Apache for doing load balancer based on
mod_proxy and mod_balance modules. But in my case the backend server
requires ssl client certificate authentication and therefore the Apache
Server cannot terminate the ssl connection.

I do no need http session cookie stickyness. The application is
stateless. Can I somehow configure Apache as a transparent balancer?

Or I should use even another software - squid, iptables?

The backend application is a web service running on Tomcat.

Jan.