httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Lidderdale <chu...@blackforest-co.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trying to run expect from web page
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 18:43:03 GMT
Guess I didn't explain my problem clearly enough.  I'm unable to execute
a an expect script via a web page.  The page executes but the line with
expect acts as if it's commented out or as if httpd.conf is missing
something that allows expect to run.
  I've tried (via page.php):

    exec("thescript...
    exec ("sudo...
    exec("exec.bash.that.runs.expect.
    a href=cgi-bin/xyz.cgi ClickHere  (with /usr/bin/expect
    <path>myscript.exp).

nothing.  However running the expect script from the command line works.

SOLVED**

in php:  $out = shell_exec ("<path>/script.exp");

in script.exp:
#!/usr/bin/expect -f
set timeout 10
spawn telnet <ipaddress>
expect ...
send...

Found something on the web saying Apache/browser(?) doesn't like how
expect starts out - need to strip script down and do the spawn bit.  Any
who life is good.

chuck