httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robin Becker <ro...@reportlab.com>
Subject Re: AW: [users@httpd] ssl setup checking
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 12:26:24 GMT
On 09/10/2013 13:15, Fiedler Roman wrote:

> Unless you want to use client certificates from globalsign, "SSLCACertificateFile" will
not make sense. See [1]

> Roman
>
> [1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcacertificatefile

This page https://support.globalsign.com/customer/portal/articles/1225234 says
explicitly that I need the SSLCACertificateFile directive

> Your virtual host section will need to contain the following directives:
>
>     SSLCACertificateFile – This will need to point to the appropriate GlobalSign root
CA certificate.
>     SSLCertificateChainFile – This will need to point to the appropriate intermediate
root CA certificates you previously created in Step 1 above.
>     SSLCertificateFile – This will need to point to the end entity certificate. This
is the certificate you have called "mydomain.crt."
>     SSLCertificateKeyFile – This will need to point to the private key file associated
with your certificate.

what I don't understand is where the cross certificate goes.
--
Robin Becker