httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stormy <storm...@stormy.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permission Still Denied with Moodle
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:32:39 GMT
At 10:00 PM 10/14/2013 -0400, Yehuda Katz wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Timothy Curchod
><<mailto:timofeyc@hotmail.com>timofeyc@hotmail.com> wrote:
>The bad news is that in the error log there is nothing when going to
><http://192.186.1.100/info.php>http://192.186.1.100/info.php or
>http://*my*.*ip*.*goes*.*here*/info.php.  Localhost works fine.
>  So if there is no error in the httpd error_log, then I am on the wrong
> mailing list now, right?  It's not an Apache problem, it's a network
> setup/hardware issue.
>
>To recap, the problem now is that requests through localhost work properly
>and other requests time out. Is that correct?
>
>To me this really indicates that either Apache is not listening on other
>IPs (which we went through already) or (not sure why I did not mention
>this sooner) you might have a firewall in the way. Can you check if you
>have a firewall (like iptables) running on the system?

I *could* be way off track, but, as I wrote previously, this user has a
"Linksys WRT54C router using Automatic Configuration DHCP" -- this is quite
an old residential item, and istr that these were problematic. I can't even
remember if it's a modem as well as a router. In any case, try setting it
to static IP (or particularly if it's a modem, set to "straight through",
disable any IP intervention and rely on your server set up for routing and
firewall.)

Best - Paul