httpd-users mailing list archives

From Øyvind Lode <oyv...@lode.is>
Subject [users@httpd] Trouble installing renewed SSL certificate
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:59:28 GMT
Hi list!

The ssl cert on my apache server have expired.

It is actually a server at work - a important one as well so I'm a bit stressed at the moment.

The cert is renewed and I have received the cert files.

I'm now trying to install them but I can't get it to work.

I thought it was as simple as just copying the new crt file to the server and restart apache
but apache start fails.

I see this in the log:

509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch

Server: Apache 2.2.22 on Ubuntu 12.04.

How does one install a renewed ssl cert?

Do I need to create a new private key and ca-bundle?

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Øyvind