httpd-users mailing list archives

From Toomas Aas <toomas....@raad.tartu.ee>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AllowOverride
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 05:55:53 GMT
Hello Pol!

> <Directory /var/www/>
>         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>         AllowOverride None
>         Order allow,deny
>         allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> With AllowOverride setted to none, .htaccess has ignored.
>
> For instance, if I'll want permit the use of .htaccess only about
> mod_rewrite or only about ErrorDocument
>
> What should I do?
>
> Allowoverride options=ErrorDocument Rewritebase

AFAIK there is no way to allow *only* the specific configuration
directives. Each directive has some Override category which you will
need to allow, but it will also allow other directives in the same
category. For example if you look at the manual page of RewriteCond
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond)
you'll see that it has the Override setting of FileInfo, meaning that
to enable usage of this setting in .htaccess you'll need to specify
AllowOverride FileInfo, but then you also allow all other directives
that have Override setting of FileInfo.

HTH,
--
Toomas Aas