httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Houston <...@openstrike.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache not recording client addresses correctly
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 08:43:53 GMT
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 06:03:37PM -0700, Andrew Daviel wrote:
> huh! wtf?  - if I enable /server-status, the correct address for the
> client asking for /server-status, is not just logged, but resolved,
> even though HostnameLookups is off. But other requests still get the
> 98.32 address.

This reverse resolution will almost certainly be because you are
restricting access to that location (/server-status) by name rather than
by IP address (perhaps inadvertently).

It doesn't explain what you are seeing for other locations,
unfortunately. Are you using any third-party modules?

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107