httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Another mod_proxy Question/Issue
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 14:20:29 GMT
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Chris Arnold < carnold@electrichendrix.com > wrote:

Apache/2.2.12 (Linux/SUSE). We have a web app that runs under tomcat (8080). We have apache
using mod_proxy (80 and 443). According to the tomcat mailing list:

What we need is for apache to proxy, rewrite or whatever the 443 requests to tomcat app on
port 8443. I have tried everything from proxypass (reverse), rewrite to mounting in tomcat
(which doesnt need to be done). How does one accomplish this with apache?

>>You should be able to use something like this:
>><VirtualHost *:443>
>>SSLProxyEngine On
>>ProxyPass /path/ https://backend:8443/
>></VirtualHost>

Y - I have tried that before but in the event i had something wrong tried it again. Here is
the vhost:
<VirtualHost *:443>

ServerAlias share.domain.tld

SSLProxyEngine On
ProxyPass / https://192.168.123.3:8443/folder/
ProxyPassReverse / https://192.168.123.3:8443/folder/

</VirtualHost>

This DOES get me to tomcat. However, this is the error:
HTTP Status 404 - /shareshare/

type Status report

message /shareshare/

description The requested resource is not available.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.42

I know this is a tomcat error and i am on an apache mailing list. See how it writes /shareshare/.
This should only be /share/. So i took out the /share/ part of my proxy pass and this gets
me to the tomcat page (/), not the /share app on tomcat.