httpd-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Stevens <tstev...@me.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse proxy over SSL with mod_proxy_wstunnel
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:27:35 GMT
I am attempting to configure httpd to proxy a SSL websocket back to a Tomcat instance.  I am
attempting this configuration on a Centos box with httpd 2.4.6 built from source. When attempting
to connect to the websocket I keep getting websocket close event CLOSE_ABNORMAL (1006) in
the browser when I take a look at the httpd logs I see "AH00951: WSS: backend socket is disconnected".

I believe my configuration is correct since I do not get these errors if the reverse proxy
is configured with ws instead of wss. Any idea what could be happening?

I am attaching my configuration, a sample war for tomcat to test this, and a log of the condition
occurring below.

Centos 5.9
httpd 2.4.6
Tomcat 7.0.42