httpd-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Vaughan <cavaug...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Website access without initial www.
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:46:13 GMT
Using Apache2.2.22 on a Debian7 server.
Hosting multiple websites, but have reduced it to just one for now to try
to figure out this problem.
So, if I go to: www.vostok1.com the website shows up.
HOWEVER, if I go to just: vostok1.com from outside our company network, I
get the error "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access / on this
server."
>From inside the company network, however, it works fine.
Here is the only file in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin npc@npc-usa.com

	DocumentRoot /var/www/Vostok1
	ServerName www.vostok1.com
	ServerAlias vostok1.com
	<Directory />
		Options FollowSymLinks
		AllowOverride None
	</Directory>
	<Directory /var/www/Vostok1/>
		Options FollowSymLinks
		AllowOverride None
		Order allow,deny
		allow from all
		# This directive allows us to have apache2's default start
page
                # in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the right
place
		#RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
	</Directory>

	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
	<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
		AllowOverride None
		Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
	</Directory>

	ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

	# alert, emerg.
	LogLevel warn

	CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
	ServerSignature On

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128