httpd-users mailing list archives

From steve.m...@dfcufinancial.com
Subject [users@httpd] keep access.log file with rotatelogs
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 18:26:11 GMT

I would like to archive my access.log files but keep the current file
called access.log while renaming the log that is archived.  That is, I want
the log that is currently being written to, to be called access.log, and
for archived files to be named differently.  I am running in a windows
environment.

This is the rotatelogs command I'm using:

CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs -l logs/access.log.%Y%m%d-%H%M%S 86400" common

Which produces a file named:

access.log.20130917-000000

This is the file currently written to.  At midnight a new file will be
created with tomorrow's date and that will become the current access.log
file.  Today's file will be archived.

Maybe I just missed it in my research but is it possible to do what I'm
trying to do?
Thanks.

Moss -

This E-mail and attachments are intended for designated recipients.  If you
are not the addressee or the addressee's agent, please notify
mailadmin@dfcufinancial.com and destroy all copies.  If you obtained this
via electronic eavesdropping, you violated the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act.  Disclosure, duplication, distribution or actions taken in
reliance on contents herein is prohibited without explicit consent of DFCU
Financial.