httpd-users mailing list archives

From yancey.mcca...@sawtst.com
Subject [users@httpd] PKI Auth and ldap Auth
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 22:10:29 GMT
Configuration:
Apache HTTP Server 2.2.23 on RHEL 5.8
Active Directory (Windows Server 2003 standard AD configuration)

Can HTTPD be configured to seamlessly perform a PKI Smart Card Client Authorization and LDAP
Lookup without needing to log into AD through a browser popup dialog box requesting username
and password?

If this is not possible via HTTPD configuration alone, how would you do it securely?

Currently, we have both forms of authentication working in sequential isolation,  we just
do not want the second dialog box prompting for a login and password.

It would be nice if the HTTPD configuration could be set to pass key information obtained
from the Smart Card login on into the LDAP / AD server module for automatic lookup and authorization.

This project is part of a Secure CAC / Smart Card Single Sign on effort that uses a related
LDAP lookup into AD as domain level authorization.

Thank you,
Yancey