httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Spangler, Tim" <Tim.Spang...@adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Timeouts after upgrading from 2.2.23 to 2.4.6
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:56:12 GMT
I'm using as much of the same config between 2.2 and 2.4 as possible, so I haven't adjusted
http versions between 1.1 and 1.0. The ProxPass rule is pretty simple:

ProxyPass /app1 http://appserver:8889/app
ProxyPassReverse /app1 http://appserver:8889/app1

I have another app that isn't quite so simple as it has some static content on the web server,
so I have a little rewrite rule setup first (It used to be more complex, but has been simplified
over the years):

RewriteRule "^/app2/.*\.(gif|css|jpg|jpeg)" "$0" [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/app2/(.*)
RewriteRule ^/app2/(.*) http://appserver:8880/app2/$1 [P]

Upon, reading the mod_proxy_http doc, it looks like several changes have been made to the
default behavior of mod_proxy which may be causing the issues.  I may have to see if there
is anything I can set to pre 2.4 behavior.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Jagielski [mailto:jim@jaguNET.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:15 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Timeouts after upgrading from 2.2.23 to 2.4.6

On Aug 27, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "Spangler, Tim" <Tim.Spangler@adp.com> wrote:

> 1)  This Apache vhost is proxying traffic with mod_proxy (simply ProxyPass rule) to an
oc4j application server where the flash is hosted.  The other vhosts serve a variety of static
content, run multiple rewrite rules, etc - this is the "simple" vhost

No balancer or anything like that, right? Just ProxyPass?
Have you tried forcing http/1.0?

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the
message and any attachments from your system.