httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Terry <tim.te...@jamesvillas.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache mod_cache_disk issue on windows
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:32:36 GMT
Hi,

  I'm running apache on windows 2008 r2 and I'm seeing that some file handles are being left
open when using mod_cache_disk for some content. The I've configured apache to cache all images
locally as in my environment they reside on a network share.  This issue occurs after a number
of days and the symptoms can be seen in process explorer, where the .data file handles are
still held open by the apache process. Also in the apache server status shows 'W' next to
the requests for images where the file handles remain open. Although strangely the server
status shows '0' as the time taken to process the request. No errors are reported in the server
log.

I've tried versions 2.4.5, 2.4.4, 2.4.3 and can see the same issue. Has anyone come across
a similar issue on windows when using mod_disk_cache/cache_disk before I raise an issue in
bugzilla?

Regards,

Tim

Server version:
Server Version: Apache/2.4.6 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1e mod_jk/1.2.37
Server MPM: WinNT
Apache Lounge VC11 Server Built: Jul 15 2013 20:13:45

Mod disk cache config:
CacheDirLength 1
CacheDirLevels 2
CacheMinFileSize 1
CacheMaxFileSize 100000
CacheEnable disk /images
CacheRoot c:/apacheCache
CacheLock on
CacheLockPath c:/apacheCacheLocks
CacheIgnoreURLSessionIdentifiers jsessionid id cid
CacheDefaultExpire 1800