httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schrock <peter.schr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Domain Name not working on localhost
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 19:07:25 GMT
         I have a home server set up with a couple of things going on.
Here is the weird thing that I can't figure out. I can access everything
just fine from an INTERNET connection external to my LAN using my domain
name, let's say "domain.com". So, if I type into my browser on my LAN
"www.domain.com", it searches without actually finding it's destination
giving up after a period of time saying the server cannot be found
(usually an error 408). But, if I type www.domain.com on my mobile phone
browser using my data connection (not on the LAN), it connects without a
hitch and everything functions fine. I have done this set up before at a
different home, but since I moved, I have come across this problem and
either don't remember having this happen before or don't remember what I
did to resolve it. Also, I changed ISP and that seemed to be the
beginning of the problem. I set up my port forwards and checked my
firewalls on the router. I looked on google and couldn't find anything
specific to my problem. Everything I have read in the user documentation
for apache seems to be set up correctly. I guess my question is what do
I not know that I should know to be looking for. :-/
Could some one direct me as to what I should look for? Thanks.

Peter