httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jignesh Badani" <jbad...@mmsa.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Logging Base64 decoded info in access_log
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 03:33:24 GMT
Hello, we have a custom user tracker cookie which is currently Base64
encoded and gets tacked along to each request in  the access log.

We now have a new requirement to store the decoded value in the access log
instead.

So cookie gets written to the user's browser encoded, but when a user makes
a new request, the cookie needs to be read, Base64 decoded before being
written to the access log.

We are on Apache 2.2.x

To my surprise, after spending quite a few hours on google and apache docs,
there is no way of achieving something so trivial within Apache or I am
nuts and overlooking something so basic.

I do see that SSI includes a way to set a base64 encoded/decoded variable.
But what I need is SetEnv or Mod_Rewrite to be able to read and base64
decode a env (cookie) variable.

There is an open source mod_setenvifplus option but mgmt will not approve
it.

Thank you for your help.
-jigs