httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Macks, Aaron" <ama...@harvardbusiness.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] redirect based on internal or external IP
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 21:04:37 GMT
The way I would handle this is adding a second rewritecond to each stanza, looking at REQUEST_URI
to make sure that the target path is not there, eg
  RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^1.1.1.1
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/internal
 RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.site.com/internal<http://www.site.com/internal> [R=301,L]

________
Aaron Macks
amacks@harvardbusiness.org<mailto:amacks@harvardbusiness.org>

On Jul 1, 2013, at 3:33 PM, "Clark, Kim" <kclark@carlsonwagonlit.com<mailto:kclark@carlsonwagonlit.com>>
wrote:

I am new to apache, so forgive me if this is a beginner questions.

I am trying to redirect request to apache based on the IP address.  Depending on where the
request originates from, the request will either have a external or internal IP address.
External will be redirected to the external site, internal will be redirected to the internal
site.

Request to www.site.com<http://www.site.com> will be evaluated based on the IP address.
Then redirected to either www.site.com/external<http://www.site.com/external> or www.site.com/internal<http://www.site.com/internal>.
 I am able to accomplish this with the following.

         RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^1.1.1.1
         RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.site.com/internal<http://www.site.com/internal> [R=301,L]

         RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^2.2.2.2
         RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.site.com/external<http://www.site.com/external> [R=301,L]

The problem I am running into is that this is in a loop.  Every request will be evaluated
and redirected.  If possible, I need a way to redirect once, then let other request (www.site.com/external/a/b/c<http://www.site.com/external/a/b/c>
 or www.site.com/internal/x/y/z<http://www.site.com/internal/x/y/z> )not be evaluated
and then redirected

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.