httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Faik Djikic" <f...@djikic.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to use authentication provided by application instead of apache's basic authentication
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:13:11 GMT
Hi!

I have application that uses built-in authentication procedure. From client’s point of view
(browsers, etc.) it works like any basic or digest authentication. However during the configuration
process I sometimes (e.g. when using IIS) have to turn off server’s authentication in order
to use one built in application. In IIS I simply disable basic and windows authentication
for entire site or specific directory and it works perfectly. With other web servers did not
have any need to configure anything regarding this, but with Apache I have problem: it prompts
for username and password repeatedly even after entering correct credentials. Prompt contains
valid realm that is set by my application but entered credentials simply do not pass to my
app. I guess that Apache sort of “takes over” the authentication although I did not configure
it to do so. I’m using default configuration (installed Apache and added my scripting software
as script alias).
Can anyone help me configure Apache to ignore basic (or digest) authentication sent to my
application? Please.

Thank you!

BR,
Faik