httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mauricio Tavares <raubvo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Router change issue
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:26:18 GMT
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM, James Coyle <jamescoyle1@mac.com> wrote:
> I installed a new wireless router last night from Comcast. Previously I had
> been using an Apple Airport Extreme as a router along with a regular cable
> modem. I have duplicated the IP scheme on this new router and have opened up
> the appropriate port so that Apache can serve up my web site, but so far I
> have had no luck in getting the pages to display.
>
> As I said, I've confirmed that the correct port for my web hop via DYNDns is
> open (port 8102) and it is mapped to my internal IP address. I have not
> changed my Apache config file or anything else.
>
> The only thing I can think of here is that Apache is confused by the change
> in hardware since both the Airport Extreme and the new Comcast wireless
> router are/were using the same 10.0.0.x range of addresses.
>
> My old Airport is now in bridge mode and is not acting as a router.

      I need to draw your network. Is this what you have?

Internet---------[modem]

                    [comcast router]---------------[airport extreme]
     (10.0.0.0/24) |10.0.0.A                       10.0.0.B
                        | FW rule: WAN port 8102 goes to 10.0.0.C port 80
                        |
                        |10.0.0.C
                    [web server]

> I am reluctant to call Comcast, first of all because they are Comcast, and
> secondly because they are now pushing a higher level of paid support that
> I'm not interested in.  I'd appreciate any help anyone could provide.
> Thanks.

      I understand completely, which is why I want to make sure I
understand your network so I can give  suggestions. =)