httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mandar Jog <mandar...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Mod_proxy FailOnStatus based on error count
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 09:16:39 GMT
Is there a way to mark a balancer worker in 'error state' based on count or
percentage of certain http errors.

If my cluster has 3 members, and one of them is resulting in a large number
of
500s then I would like to either mark the worker as 'bad' and remove it
from the cluster.

The number of errors has to be a percentage of total requests so that I can
distinguish between a spurious error 500 and a systemic problem affecting
the worker.

A better alternative to removing out of rotation is to significantly reduce
the weight of the member.

As I understand it, the current FailOnStatus is inadequate to handle this.

regards,
- Mandar