httpd-users mailing list archives

From yvand <yvand.sw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Issue with URL Rewriting
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 22:02:17 GMT
I got a new question.
Imagine my website is in a subfolder of document root's directory.
For example, document root is /home/yvand/www, and my website is in
/home/yvand/www/mysite.
How can I redirect URL like /mysite/icon.png to /mysite/pictures/icon.png ?

I tried to adapt .htaccess file so :
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/mysite/pictures%{REQUEST_URI} -f
> RewriteRule ^(.+) /mysite/pictures/$1 [L]
Unfortunately it doesn't work, because %{REQUEST_URI}contains also
/mysite...
Indeed if I request /mysite/icon.png, the input of RewriteCond is
     '/home/yvand/www/mysite/pictures/mysite/icon.png'

My question is how can I access to the URI in RewriteCond?
When I say URI I do not mean REQUEST_URI but just icon.png in my
example, which is the value used by RewriteRule.

--yvand