httpd-users mailing list archives

From VP <li...@viaduct-productions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cgi-bin Realm Management
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 10:58:19 GMT
Hi folks.

I would like to protect a CGI from peering eyes and am not sure how to do it.  Any advice
appreciated.

I have a vhost box with some web stats I want to publish to authenticated users only.  The
URL for this is structured like this:

http://example.com/cgi-bin/stats.pl?config=alpha
http://example.com/cgi-bin/stats.pl?config=bravo
http://example.com/cgi-bin/stats.pl?config=charlie

I have a handful of users that I would like to individually authenticate (Digest, not Basic)
for these.  Optimally, an individual .htpasswd file for each url.

I'm on OSX which does not have htpasswd2.  I am unclear where the .htpasswd file would go,
seeing that they are essentially all the same url.  Changing my domains doesn't do anything
as they are all recognized as being the same server using the CGI-Executables (cgi-bin) directory.
 So, confusion sets in.

Thank you.

Cheers

Rich in Toronto @ VP