httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozd...@nde.ag>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Issue with URL Rewriting
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 13:39:53 GMT
Hi yvand,

Zitat von yvand <yvand.sword@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to redirect all requests like /icon.png to
> /pictures/icon.png, if the file exists in the pictures folder.
> It seems really trivial but I didn't manage to set up.
>
> Here is my .htaccess :
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteCond /pictures/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
>     RewriteRule ^(.+) /pictures/$1 [L]
>
> If I request /pictures/icon.png it works, but if I request /icon.png
> I get a 404 error.
>
> What is wrong with my .htaccess?

as you are in .htaccess (and not in global server/vhost context), I'd
expect REQUEST_FILENAME to be the full path of the resource. From
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond :

"The full local filesystem path to the file or script matching the
request, if this has already been determined by the server at the time
REQUEST_FILENAME is referenced."

You may want to set up mod_rewrite logging
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_rewrite.html#logging) to
verify this... the logging is generally *very* helpful in debugging
such problems.

Regards,
Jens