httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Beckett <paul_beck...@outlook.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Disk Cache with multiple virtual hosts
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 07:20:28 GMT
I've read the Apache 2.4 caching guide, mod_cache and mod_cache_disk pages, but am unsure whether
I need a unique CacheRoot for each virtual host, or whether multiple virtual hosts can/should
share the same CacheRoot?
Also I'm thinking of setting the CacheRoot to be a tmpfs mount (effectively a ramdisk that
will page out to swap space if theres not enough ram to cache everything). If I'm using a
unique CacheRoot (a sub-directory in the tmpfs mount), is there anyway to configure Apache
to create the CacheRoot directory if it doesn't already exist? If anyone has any thoughts
/ recommendations / tips in this regards to this approach I would be grateful to here them.
Thanks,Paul