httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Beckett <paul_beck...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Disk Cache with multiple virtual hosts
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:07:08 GMT
Can mem_cache be configured to cache way more than you have memory, and swap out to disk for
whatever is least popular?

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:11:16 +1000
From: icicimov@gmail.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Disk Cache with multiple virtual hosts

On 18/06/2013 5:21 PM, "Paul Beckett" <paul_beckett@outlook.com> wrote:

> I've read the Apache 2.4 caching guide, mod_cache and mod_cache_disk pages, but am unsure
whether I need a unique CacheRoot for each virtual host, or whether multiple virtual hosts
can/should share the same CacheRoot?

> Also I'm thinking of setting the CacheRoot to be a tmpfs mount (effectively a ramdisk
that will page out to swap space if theres not enough ram to cache everything).
Why not mem cache then? Why would you bother with ramdisk if you want to cache in memory?
 If I'm using a unique CacheRoot (a sub-directory in the tmpfs mount), is there anyway to
configure Apache to create the CacheRoot directory if it doesn't already exist? If anyone
has any thoughts / recommendations / tips in this regards to this approach I would be grateful
to here them.