httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Fournier <nor...@normanfournier.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] webservers not responding properly after hardware change
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 23:46:18 GMT

On 2013-06-13, at 4:13 PM, Norman Fournier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have setup two webservers on my network, one connected directly to the ISP with an
ethernet card installed to bring it to the router where, it was give an internal ip address
and ports opened for ftp, smtp and pop. It is ns1. ns2 is behind the router and handles http,
dns and ssh. Mail is currently being properly delivered although my smtp server going out
is no longer working for obvious reasons.

> I can't ping ns1 from ns2. apachectl say my configuration is correct. The only change
I made that I can see is the ethernet card in ns1 died. How would this impact my DNS?

> None of the domains on ns2 are available on the web although the websites on ns1 are.
>
> The attached diagram shows before and after. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Norman
>
> http://www.normanfournier.com/nf-network-diagram-v9.jpg

It appears that the apache webserver is already loaded and that might be the problem, although
it is not serving any pages. The following is my terminal output.

ns2:~ norman$ apachectl -t
Syntax OK
ns2:~ norman$ apachectl restart
launchctl: CFURLWriteDataAndPropertiesToResource(/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd.plist)
failed: -10
ns2:~ norman$ apachectl start
launchctl: CFURLWriteDataAndPropertiesToResource(/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd.plist)
failed: -10
org.apache.httpd: Already loaded
ns2:~ norman$

Norman