httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Fournier <nor...@normanfournier.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] webservers not responding properly after hardware change
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 05:44:51 GMT
On 2013-06-13, at 11:28 PM, David Guerra wrote:

> Your network config isn't anywhere close to normal. It makes no logical sense.
>
> Aside from that if you replaced a network card then maybe your MAC address changed and
you need to reconfigure the router.

> On Thursday, June 13, 2013, Norman Fournier wrote:
>
> On 2013-06-13, at 4:13 PM, Norman Fournier wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have setup two webservers on my network, one connected directly to the ISP with
an ethernet card installed to bring it to the router where, it was give an internal ip address
and ports opened for ftp, smtp and pop. It is ns1. ns2 is behind the router and handles http,
dns and ssh. Mail is currently being properly delivered although my smtp server going out
is no longer working for obvious reasons.

>> I can't ping ns1 from ns2. apachectl say my configuration is correct. The only change
I made that I can see is the ethernet card in ns1 died. How would this impact my DNS?

>> None of the domains on ns2 are available on the web although the websites on ns1
are.

>> The attached diagram shows before and after. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Norman
>>
>> http://www.normanfournier.com/nf-network-diagram-v9.jpg
>>

> It appears that the apache webserver is already loaded and that might be the problem,
although it is not serving any pages. The following is my terminal output.

> ns2:~ norman$ apachectl -t
> Syntax OK
> ns2:~ norman$ apachectl restart
> launchctl: CFURLWriteDataAndPropertiesToResource(/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd.plist)
failed: -10
> ns2:~ norman$ apachectl start
> launchctl: CFURLWriteDataAndPropertiesToResource(/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd.plist)
failed: -10
> org.apache.httpd: Already loaded
> ns2:~ norman$
>
> Norman

Hello,

I didn't replace a card, I lost a card. The old router was replaced with a new router and
reconfigured and ports opened as per the diagram in the link. Aside from that, how should
the network be logically setup? It looked logical enough to me in the old configuration.

Norman