httpd-users mailing list archives

From Viaduct Productions <li...@viaduct-productions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] OSX respawning & startup issues
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 11:50:09 GMT
Hi folks.

I've found my server down this morning and it respawning to get my sites back up.  I have
a handful of sites under VHost, and none of them were up.

I restarted the box, and manually tried to start apache using the following command:

sudo bash -x /usr/sbin/apachectl -k start

It reported it was already running.  So that's confusing.  In the log, I keep getting the
following repeated message:

Jun  9 07:18:10 machine1 com.apple.launchd[1] (org.apache.httpd): Throttling respawn: Will
start in 10 seconds

The server is up now, but it is still continues to spawn, and I'm not sure why.  DNS is also
giving me problems by not resolving my domains.  I am thinking DNS is secondary to apache's
directives, and if apache is restarting, I'm finding the DNS issue to be secondary (as it
stands).

Jun  9 07:48:10 machine1 com.apple.launchd[1] (org.apache.httpd): Throttling respawn: Will
start in 10 seconds

Any advice truly appreciated.

Cheers