httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Albert <...@netrition.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Form problem with non-ascii characters (æ or ß)
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:43:35 GMT
On 6/27/2013 11:34 AM, Pi Dizayn wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:57 AM, Jim Albert <jim@netrition.com
> <mailto:jim@netrition.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/26/2013 1:02 PM, Pi Dizayn wrote:
>
>
>              Here is a simple form from that server.
>
>         Sorry I forgot to send the link of the form.
>         http://medyab.com/formtest2.php
>
>
>     Have you checked to see that the browser is submitting the request?
>     Check your apache access logs.
>
>     The firefox httpfox addon might help so that you can see the
>     communication between browser and server:
>     https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/httpfox/
>
>     IE has similar feature with F12/Developer tools and the Network tab.
>
>     Maybe viewing the returned headers will help.
>
>     It sure seems related to the character set. Did you check the
>     settings on AddDefaultCharset between your old and new apache server
>     (possibly in httpd.conf since I assume any .htaccess files would be
>     the same)? If that's set, it should match the characters intend to
>     display and should be in sync with what you are setting via meta tags.
>
>     I'm assuming that:
>
>     <meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=iso-8859-9'>
>     is what you set in your code when it was working on your old server.
>     Maybe the AddDefaultCharset (assuming it is set) on your new server
>     conflicts with iso-8859-9.
>     http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset
>
>     Jim
>
>
> Dear Jim,
>
> First of all thank you for recommending me HttpFox. I was checking
> headers from FireBug but HttpFox looks better.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> There is no log for error or access in httpd logs.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> AddDefaultCharset is disabled both of the server.  I tried
> "AddDefaultCharset iso-8859-9". It doesn't solve.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> When I checked with HttpFox what I get is;
>
>   * (Request-Line)    POST /formtest2.php HTTP/1.1
>   * Host medyab.com <http://medyab.com>
>   * User-Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:21.0)
>     Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
>   * Accept
>     text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
>   * Accept-Language    en-us,tr;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
>   * Accept-Encoding    gzip, deflate
>   * Referer http://medyab.com/formtest2.php
>   * Cookie
>     __utma=256146967.1605253938.1371937614.1372254337.1372331162.12;
>     __utmz=256146967.1371937614.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none);
>     __atuvc=7%7C26; PHPSESSID=d2rr0kb8q0rn0hlvt801vt6na5; __utmc=256146967
>   * Content-Type    application/x-www-form-urlencoded
>   * Content-Length    5
>
> which are the same as the form that works normally on my server.
>
> It also says NS_ERROR_NET_RESET. When I googled NS_ERROR_NET_RESET I saw
> that somebody is mentioning about enctype. When I add
> enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" to the form, it started
> working for Turkish characters and also for æ, ß too. But I can't add
> enctype to all of my forms. I feel I'm close to the solution. :)

application/x-www-form-urlencoded should be the default enctype if none 
is supplied:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_form_enctype.asp

Do you actually see a difference in the "raw" post data with and without 
setting the enctype? You can see this in httpfox and the encoding type 
will be indicated.

Are you sure you were not setting an enctype on the form? Check on that 
especially if you are using some API for form building and not printing 
out the form html yourself. Maybe some feature in php and it's set to 
something else.

Since you switched severs maybe something different in the code (eg php) 
being used to build your forms (assuming you are using a form building 
API), perhaps something related to:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_form_accept_charset.asp
Did you compare the html source for the forms generated on old and new 
server?

Taking any form building APIs out of the equation and building the html 
yourself may provide some clues, but I would expect a comparison between 
html source for the forms on old and new server to expose any issue there.

Do you still have the old server up and running?
Check the headers *from* the servers when you make the request to load 
the initial form. Maybe any differences there will offer some clues if 
it's an Apache config issue.

Just the way it's going, I'm kind of leaning toward something in the 
form building and perhaps some default php setting differences between 
old and new server.... again check the html produced between old and new 
server if possible. So, I'm kind of leaning away from an apache issue 
here and maybe php... but that's speculation and maybe following some of 
my thoughts above will point out the needed clues.

Jim


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message