httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Albert <...@netrition.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Form problem with non-ascii characters (æ or ß)
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 01:57:33 GMT
On 6/26/2013 1:02 PM, Pi Dizayn wrote:

>     Here is a simple form from that server.
>
> Sorry I forgot to send the link of the form.
> http://medyab.com/formtest2.php

Have you checked to see that the browser is submitting the request?
Check your apache access logs.

The firefox httpfox addon might help so that you can see the
communication between browser and server:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/httpfox/

IE has similar feature with F12/Developer tools and the Network tab.

Maybe viewing the returned headers will help.

It sure seems related to the character set. Did you check the settings
on AddDefaultCharset between your old and new apache server (possibly in
httpd.conf since I assume any .htaccess files would be the same)? If
that's set, it should match the characters intend to display and should
be in sync with what you are setting via meta tags.

I'm assuming that:
is what you set in your code when it was working on your old server.
Maybe the AddDefaultCharset (assuming it is set) on your new server
conflicts with iso-8859-9.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset

Jim