httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rafnews <raf.n...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] default linux apache password
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 11:37:33 GMT
Hi,

i have a web server running on fedora. This web server is only for
applicatons testing purposes.
when i installed apache 2.4 it automatically create a group and an user
apache.

All files/folder that are under /publi_html should have apache as
user/group permissions.

This webserver runs in virtual machine and has its own IP address.
now i need to reach this webserver from a windows workstation and
edit/add/delete files and folders from the public_html directory.
i can not use my default user account as this account can just read
files but can't edit/delete or add files/folder as standard permissions
are 644 for files and 705 for folders.

i was thinking to perfom all actions (delte/move/edit...) in this
public_html directory under apache account, but as apache account was
installed automatically i do not have the password.

So what is the default password for apache user account ?

I guess there is better solution as on webhosting servers, you do not
have apache user account, but a different one.
so please, could you tell me how webhosting companies manage that (in
order to reproduce a very similar way at home) ?
thx.