httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <DRugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using Apache 2.0 with mod_ssl and custom engine on openssl
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:06:13 GMT
On 6/10/2013 4:56 PM, coolcuzu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My question may seem rather complex, but I believe someone can answer it.
>
> 1 - I've implemented a custom OpenSsl Engine, which works perfectly
> fine in OpenSsl.
> 2 - I want to create a sample web site that uses https with Apache.
> After my search, I saw that Apache uses mod_ssl to support https.
> Mod_ssl is based on openssl.
>
> That's where my question comes in:
>
> When mod_ssl uses openssl in the backend, I want it to use my custom
> Openssl Engine implementation. Is it possible?
>
> I hope that i'm clear.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erman

Hi, Erman;
   Yes, you can in 2.0. In order to use an engine, though, you must
compile httpd with -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE. This will enable the
SSLCryptoDevice directive which will be set to the name of your engine.
This compile flag was dropped in 2.2 which made SSLCryptoDevice part of
a 'normal' build.

--
Daniel Ruggeri