httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Rumph <mike.ru...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] OSX respawning & startup issues
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:35:19 GMT
Hello Rich,

Here is a link that deals with "Throttling respawn" errors in general:
-
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57337034-263/investigating-a-throttling-respawn-error-in-the-os-x-console/

Do you see any other messages specific to org.apache.httpd around the
"Throttling respawn" errors?

Thanks,

Mike Rumph

On 6/9/2013 4:50 AM, Viaduct Productions wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I've found my server down this morning and it respawning to get my sites back up.  I
have a handful of sites under VHost, and none of them were up.

> I restarted the box, and manually tried to start apache using the following command:
>
> sudo bash -x /usr/sbin/apachectl -k start
>
> It reported it was already running.  So that's confusing.  In the log, I keep getting
the following repeated message:

> Jun  9 07:18:10 machine1 com.apple.launchd[1] (org.apache.httpd): Throttling respawn:
Will start in 10 seconds

> The server is up now, but it is still continues to spawn, and I'm not sure why.  DNS
is also giving me problems by not resolving my domains.  I am thinking DNS is secondary to
apache's directives, and if apache is restarting, I'm finding the DNS issue to be secondary
(as it stands).

> Jun  9 07:48:10 machine1 com.apple.launchd[1] (org.apache.httpd): Throttling respawn:
Will start in 10 seconds