httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Milesi <max...@ufficyo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with orhpaned fcgi php processes
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 06:05:32 GMT
Hi.

We have a webserver with apache 2.2.14, PHP 5.3.2.
PHP is executed using mod_fcgid (see bottom). Everything works fine but sometimes, and we
still have to figure out what triggers this, when php processes are "rotated" they remain
active and orphaned: apache spawns new php processes and the old ones remains on the system.
Killing them doesn't always kicks them away. More likely an "apache2ctl graceful" frees the
system from this stale processes.
We found this in error log:
[Tue Jun 18 20:49:54 2013] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 2009 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL
from what I found searching around this is quite normal, but that's all I found in apache
logs during one of this processes leak.

This event is luckily seldomly happening, usually apache and php operate normally and with
no problems during fcgid childrens renewal.
How can we understand what's going wrong in these situations?
thanks

maxxer

P.s. posting here some configs:

mod_fcgid config in site:
    <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
      SuexecUserGroup domain domain
      <Directory /var/www/fomain.it/htdocs/>
        AddHandler fcgid-script .php
        FCGIWrapper /var/www/fcgi/domain.it/fcgi-starter-php .php
        Options +ExecCGI -Indexes
        AllowOverride FileInfo Options
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
      </Directory>
      <Directory /var/www/fcgi/domain.it/>
        AllowOverride None
        Options +ExecCGI MultiViews -Indexes
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
      </Directory>
    </IfModule>

/var/www/fcgi/domain.it/fcgi-starter-php:
#!/bin/sh

PHPRC=/var/www/fcgi/domain.it/php/

export PHPRC
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=8