httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pete Jibe" <pete.j...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP Rewrite to HTTPS proxy works but direct HTTPS doesn't proxy
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:43:48 GMT
Hi there,

After looking this over I've located the issue but haven't determined how to
best implement the resolution.

The problem is that when folks access HTTP (via httpd-vhosts.conf) the
configuration Rewrites the URL as
https://www.yippyskippy.com/ClusterTester$1

When end-users bypass the HTTP configuration and go directly to HTTPS the
httpd-ssl.conf file has been configured to expect that the Rewrite has
already occurred and that the /ClusterTester$1 suffix already exists.

Because the original httpd-vhosts.conf Rewrite command is bypassed, the
httpd-ssl.conf configuration tries to proxypass the incorrect URL string to
the back-end Glassfish server resulting in the original error.

Now I'm trying to determine how/where to best place the Rewrite command (I'm
assuming within the httpd-ssl.conf virtual hosts section) while still
maintaining the redirect from HTTP to HTTPS.

As before, any input that would get me on the write path to resolution is
highly appreciated.

~Pete